[sword-devel] Calvin's Commentaries

Luke Plant L.Plant.98 at cantab.net
Thu May 14 06:56:28 MST 2009

Hi all,

I have just discovered that the ThML Calvin commentary files from
CCEL, though labelled as public domain (both on their site, and in the
actual ThML), are actually copyrighted (that is, the ThML tags rather
than the text itself).  The CalvinCommentaries OSIS module hosted on
Crosswire beta is derived from these files.  I've contacted
crosswire.org to ask for permission for it to be redistributed in this
way, and it looks like they are going to have to say 'no', since that
is their policy and also they actually pay royalties to have it on
their site.  I will e-mail again to confirm this when I get a further
reply from them.

Unfortunately, I guess this means the module will have to be removed,
and I will have to remove the copies of the sources and output that I
have on my website (as described in the README for building the
module). It will still be possible to build the module by downloading
the 45 ThML files and running the scripts oneself
(http://crosswire.org/svn/sword-
tools/trunk/modules/calvinscommentaries/), but it's not exactly an
easy process...

Apologies for my mistake and giving false hope on this one...

Luke

--
LORENZ'S LAW OF MECHANICAL REPAIR:
After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/