[sword-devel] SWORD 1.6.x Localization (Ps 151)

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Wed May 6 18:55:46 MST 2009

Daniel,

It depends on the Bible. In the case of the NRSV, Psalm 151 is a
separate book within the intertestamental group of books. In other
traditions, it's simply the 151st "chapter" of Psalms. Traditions that
include Psalms 152-155 can likewise present 151-155 as a separate book
or integrated into a longer book of Psalms.

Esther from Greek is also present in the NRSV's intertestamental group,
in its entirety and separate from Esther from Hebrew. Other
translations, the KJV for example, separate out the additions to Esther
present in the Greek and have a separate Additions to Esther book. The
additions to Daniel can appear integrated with the Hebrew/Aramaic text,
separated as 3 distinct books, or collected as a separate Additions to
Daniel book (depending on the translation/tradition). And the Prayer of
Manasseh can appear integrated into 2 Chronicles, as a separate book, or
as one ode in the book of Odes.

--Chris