[sword-devel] Alternate Versification

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sun May 3 14:57:07 MST 2009

Chris Little wrote:
> Does that all sound reasonable?

In principle, yes and particularly wrt the conservative approach you
suggest. It would be easy to go overboard with enthusiasm and then
create a mess which will be impossible to clear up.

But wrt the protestant Russian Synodal versification - I think such
variations are relevant if they become stable variations in their own
right and have a significant number of translations in their fold. If
all/most Central Asian translations use this versification, in this book
order and without apocryphae etc, then I think there is solid argument
for incorporating it.

Peter