[sword-devel] Alternate Versification

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Sun May 3 09:36:08 MST 2009

Bible translations for Central Asia generally follow the same versification
scheme as the Russian Synodal Translation (RST), as is exemplified in the
SWORD based Holy Bible program (MK) developed for the Institute of Bible
Translation (IBT) for Russia/CIS. Moreover, most Slavic language
translations (as used in Eastern Europe) follow the same versification
scheme.

I would like to make a strong plea that the first set of alternate
versifications to be bundled should include this scheme.

This would demonstrate our support for the work of IBT, and show that we are
moving in the direction of co-operation and collaboration in the work of
bringing the Gospel to the region of Central Asia and other countries that
were once part of the former Soviet Union and its hegemony.

MK already supports both RST and KJV versifications (seamlessly) but is not
easily scalable to more than two schemes.

For further information about MK, see
http://www.ibt.org.ru/english/bible/info_bible_en.htm#bibleprogram
http://www.ibt.org.ru/english/bible/info_bible_en.htm#bibleprogram

The MK source code is available on-line at the same site.

-- David