[sword-devel] SweFolk issues

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Tue Mar 24 04:09:02 MST 2009

Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org> writes:
>> Kinda ironic. What happened to release early, release often?
>
> Kinda ironic.  What happened to "make our content as high quality as I
> can" and "deserves better than a careless attitude" in light of the fact
> that your conversion has lost numerous <br /> elements e.g. Ps1:1,2?
>
> Source XML v1:
>   Salig är den som inte följer<br />de ogudaktigas råd
> OSIS:
>   Salig är den som inte följer de ogudaktigas råd
>
> Source XML v2:
>   utan har sin glädje<br />i
> OSIS:
>   utan har sin glädje i

I can read Swedish--poorly, but well enough to know that the <br/>s have
no semantic meaning. Typographic linebreaks within poetic lines are
generally quite uncommon and would only serve to reduce the salience of
poetic lines.

The source markup had numerous evident errors, particularly in Psalms,
so I interpreted these <br/>s as among them. If genuinely desired, it
wouldn't be difficult to put them back.

--Chris