[sword-devel] TEI external references with osisRef

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Thu Mar 19 05:37:46 MST 2009

On Mar 19, 2009, at 5:08 AM, Chris Little wrote:

> Daniel Owens wrote:
>> I want to know how to encode a link to a Bible verse in a TEI
>> dictionary. The wiki isn't very specific about how to go about
>> this. External references are like so:
>> But the wiki says to use osisRef. Should it be identical in form to
>> an OSIS reference element like so:
>> <reference osisRef="Jer.32.39">Jer 32:39</reference>
>> Or what?
>
> Use <ref> with osisRef. It's visible in the Wiki again. The examples
> on that page were obscured by the recent addition of <ref> tag
> support in the Wiki.

Chris,
In the example, you are giving KJV as the work. Are we still of the
mindset that a reference without the work or with a work of Bible
refers to verse?

In the light of versification and that many biblical references refer
to specific works that might not be an installed module, let alone a
module at all, what should the behavior be? For example a German
commentary refers to a verse in Malachi that is not in the KJV v11n?
Should we use a different variant of work that includes the
versification:
Bible.Vul.xxx:ref
That way, if the xxx module is not installed, we can grab another
Bible with the Vul versification.

In Christ,
	DM