[sword-devel] first non-KJV v11n

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Wed Mar 18 02:42:52 MST 2009

I've committed the first non-KJV versification system to SVN HEAD, as
well as an expanded builtin_abbrevs[] array with all of the books we are
likely to support in 1.5.12 (or quite probably more books than that).

The v11n system I've committed is "Leningrad"--the v11n of the Leningrad
Codex. *There is no guarantee that we will ship this v11n system in the
next release. It should be considered a test v11n.*

The reasons for selecting Leningrad first are that it is well defined,
different from KJV (verses & chapters are different, book order is
different, & NT is absent entirely), and there is only one text (plus
its derivatives) that uses this v11n, so people are unlikely to go too
wild with it. I've tested it only to the extent that I've compiled Sword
with it included.

There are no books in this system, ATM, but I'll work on posting a demo
WLC in its native v11n tomorrow after I get home from work (in about 10
hours).

--Chris