[sword-devel] [sword-support] deuterocanonical support

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Mar 16 04:01:28 MST 2009

Can someone please clarify whether "deuterocanonical" support in the pipeline
is just extending scope of the canonical support to the 75 books found in
many Catholic Bibles, or if it also will address the pseudo-epigraphical
books as found in the Ethiopian (Amharic script) Bibles?

Also, how utilities such as IMP2MOD with its command switch called "append"
will work in the context of an extended canon for the SWORD API?

If I recall correctly, individual books are placed in the right order when
"append" is used, which would seem to imply that a specified order would be
required for the deuterocanonical books, even though the order varies in
different Catholic translations

Has this topic even been considered?

-- David