[sword-devel] Wiki front end comparison

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon Mar 2 05:51:27 MST 2009

Quoting Barry Drake <bdrake at crosswire.org>:

> I suggest an additional column (or more).  'Footnote Handling' marked
> as 'complete' or 'limited' (or somesuch).  Another point that we might
> want to consider is navigation on a scale of 0 to 5.  BibleCS might be
> around 2, and Xiphos around 5 ....  and so on ....

I wouldn't put too specific statements in the table. It should be
enough to have standard marks: Yes, no, partial etc. If there's
something which must be said it can be put into a footnote under that
table. Quite many feature comparisons are made this way.

Also, I don't like putting features into columns. It's much easier to
read the tables if every table has apps in columns. Rows (features)
can then be added more freely. It's enough to use shortened names for
apps, like BT, Xiph, SfW etc.

The OS icons are not needed. There may be difference between Win9x
support, Win2000 support, XP support and 64bit Vista support. They can
be put to rows.

Then the tables would look like this with icons instead of text marks:

            BT Xiph SfW
footnotes  V   V    v(1)
feature2   X   X    V
     (1): Doesn't support long footnotes