[sword-devel] frontend comparison

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 01:42:46 MST 2009

On 01/03/2009, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:

> Chris Little wrote:
> >

> > Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> >>
> >> Many modules, both Bibles and commentaries, have additional introductory
> >> material at the fictitious n:0 and 0:0 references.  Some apps are able
> >> to display this information; Xiphos does so if headings are enabled,
> >> because such text is conceptually a variant on headings.  The table
> >> could perhaps use a different column heading descriptor.
> >
> > Does any front end NOT have a way to display this material? This is a
> > fairly fundamental feature necessary for text integrity. It really
> > should not be considered a distinctive feature of front ends that are
> > capable of displaying chapter/book level material. Rather it should be
> > considered a serious bug in any front end not capable of displaying such
> > material.

I don't think book level introductions are usually particularly important -
definitely not a serious bug. Chapter level ones may be important. They are
usually suplementary material which isn't all that important. If the user
gets it, fine. If they don't, they are unlikely to know or to worry. For
example, how many e-sword bibles have book level introductions (seeing as
they are unsupported in e-sword, I believe)? That said, I intend to fix it
in BPBible.

> BpBible and all JSword derived frontends do not display this material
> AFAICT

BPBible does show chapter information, but not book information.

God Bless,
Ben
Multitudes, multitudes,
    in the valley of decision!