[sword-devel] KJV Beta issue

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Wed Jun 10 12:36:24 MST 2009

DM is correct - I just checked four different printed editions of the KJV in
our house, and they all have Pilcrows as part of the text.  One of them had
a distinctly different typeface appearance for this character, but it was
definitely there in all the right places.

It may be noted in passing that a majority of digital versions of the KJV on
the world wide web actually omit the Pilcrows, which means that, in this
respect at least, they are not being as faithful as they should.  Probably
these are also editions which don't use italics for the interpolated words.

In the book "The Authorized Edition of the English Bible (1611) - Its
Subsequent Reprints and Modern Representatives" by F.H.A. Scrivener (1884),
I could not find any reference to pilcrows, nor even a hint about these in
the section (IV) about "Its punctuation".

-- David