[sword-devel] SWORD handling of OSIS paragraphs

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Tue Jun 9 12:27:51 MST 2009

Ben Morgan wrote:
> On 07/06/2009, *Chris Little* <chrislit at crosswire.org
> <mailto:chrislit at crosswire.org>> wrote:
>
>     The *htmlhref filters are the GnomeSword filters. They may now be
>     used by other front ends, and the GnomeSword/Xiphos team may have
>     abandoned their maintenance, but they were originally written by
>     Terry and do some non-standard stuff (as opposed to the *html
>     filters, which should just output valid html fragments). They were
>     included in Sword long ago at his request.
>

> The *html filters haven't been maintained for a long time (as far as I
> can tell) and probably need removing - the htmlhref ones do a more
> reasonable job of html rendering.

I don't have a problem with removal of the *html filters (the code
itself) provided that the *htmlhref filters produce actual
HTML--preferably XHTML. We probably will want to maintain API
compatibility by moving the *htmlhref filters on top of the *html
filters, then subclass *htmlhref from *html, and deprecate the *htmlhref
filters altogether for removal when we hit 1.8.0.

--Chris