[sword-devel] search failing in Hebrew modules

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 19:52:53 MST 2009

> I don't know for sure if this is the same bug, but I know that CLucene
> has severe issues (read: complete inability) with Unicode support.  If
> you are using a CLucene indexed module, this could definitely be a
> contributing factor to the problem.  In BibleTime we don't use SWORD's
> search features, we re-implement that ourselves with CLucene, and our
> result is a similar problem with Unicode modules that have indecies.

The searches work nearly the same for indexed and non-indexed
searches, so it's SWORD, not clucene. I would be interested in hearing
what Unicode issues clucene has. The only one I recall is the
inability to prefix a search with a wildcard (which is very useful for
languages such as French).

Matthew