[sword-devel] Often-requested yet never-available Bibles

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 14:55:35 MST 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 4:51 PM, jonathon<jonathon.blake at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 21:45, Jim Kinsman wrote:
>> I don't see the problem in allowing compatibility for e-sword modules, they
>> are just an access database password protected,
>
> e-Sword doesn't use MS Access.

To be more accurate e-Sword doesn't use MS Access file format any
more.  After finding out that his files were not actually protected in
any way, the developer of e-Sword switched to a new format.

> I'll skip the rest o f the reasons  why using e-Sword is  a bad idea.

In the previous version with MS Access files, there were no bad
reasons.  With the new format, it is possible that one could construe
accessing the data as a breach of security measures, although this is
highly doubtful.

--Greg