[sword-devel] Portuguese 1910 Bible being revised at PGDP

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA leandro.gfc.dutra at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 15:46:21 MST 2009

Le Sat, 18 Jul 2009 17:42:57 -0700, Chris Little a écrit :
> Could you comment on the claims posted to our wiki that the ACF and/or
> NTLH are in the public domain?

OK, even without finding the wiki posts, I did a cursory research.  NTLH
(Nova Tradução na Linguagem de Hoje, Today’s Language New Translation) is
held by Sociedade Bíblica Brasileira, who already denied us even the use
of the out-of-print orthographic revision of the Tradução Brasileira,
which was only published electronically; and was trying to deny us the
usage of the original edition of the Tradução Brasileira (‘Traducção
Brazileira’, old orthography), until they were informed it was already in
the public domain.

	So I somehow doubt they would suddenly put a modern, best-seller,
dynamic equivalence translation such as NTLH in the public domain.  I
would love to be proved wrong.

	ACF (Almeida Corrigida e Fiel, Corrected and Faithful [to
Receptus] Almeida) is by Sociedade Bíblica Trinitariana (Trinitarian
Bible Society), whom I have just written about Siriarah, asking if they
have given permission.  Siriarah was also asked about permissions they
might have obtained, so I am reserving judgement until we get some
answers.

--
skype:leandro.gfc.dutra?chat         Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra
+55 (11) 3040 7344                 gTalk: xmpp:leandrod at jabber.org
+55 (11) 3854 7191               ICQ: aim:GoIM?screenname=61287803
BRAZIL GMT-3          msnim:chat?contact=leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm