[sword-devel] FireBible 0.8 Released

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 00:41:33 MST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 7:07 AM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:
> Brian Fernandes wrote:
>>> First impression: Wonderful!  It seems to me that this is an excellent
>>> frontend.  It even displays the NET bible as it should and that is quite
>>
>> Thanks for the quick review, I'm glad you like it! Serious credit to
>> JSword which gives me the HTML required for rendering.
>
> It is indeed great. Thanks for that work. I will put up a news clip
>
>>> something.  It will need to handle commentaries (preferably in the
>>> sidebar?) ..  any plans for that?
>>
>> Absolutely. Do you like the way they are displayed in BibleDesktop, or
>> is there an alternate presentation which you prefer? (I have not
>> researched these in depth).
>
> displaying parallel to running bible text is nice. Also if several
> columns of text are displayed a commentary undrelying the columns
> horizontally would be nice. Not done anywhere but discussed.

I understand what you mean, but suspect it will only really work for
verse-by-verse commentaries.  Just imagine what a MHC would look like
(every now and then there would be one verse with comments on a
section that would take several screens).

You also want commentaries that are editable to still be editable
(in-place) when you are displaying them with a Bible.

Jon