[sword-devel] OSIS Commentaries

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sun Jan 18 15:51:32 MST 2009

Looking finally on a long neglected pile of files for an Persian
commentary I stumbled over a few things which bug me dt lack of knowledge

1) If material is not meant to refer to any particular verse, but only
to the whole chapter - content summaries etc does it go into verse 0 or
is it simply left free floating before the verse content. And if it is
about teh whole book - should it be chapter 0 or free floating?

2) references which are meant to be in the flow of the text are
presumably not to be encapsulated by <note type="crossref..."></note>?

3) has anyone experience with creating sed/perl/whatever scripts which
read RtoL text? specifically references are the remaining big problem.

4) are there any prettifiers for XML - as soon as rtol text is involved
it becomes a convolute anyway, but something which would dispense of
white space and enforce a clean indentation system would be still nice.

5) should verse and chapter divisions milestoned or as containers -
structurally the commentary is chapter by chapter, verse by verse, so
container appears sensible, but before I commit much energy...

Peter