[sword-devel] Wycliffe modules and beta testing

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sun Jan 18 09:01:44 MST 2009

My understanding of a discussion with Troy was that we are not supposed
to do beta testing on the Wycliffe modules as they are kind a separate
category - supplied and maintained by the organisation - and we only
host them

If this understanding is correct could we either move them in bulk into
the main repository or- in my view vastly preferable - create a vendor
repository for Wycliffe and move them there?

The updates to the module manager will make this much easier (by
automatically binding in other repositories) and I think we are doing
ourselves no favour by keeping them either in beta or in main. As I
remember the testing which was in full flow came to a grinding halt when
people started looking at this list.

Peter