[sword-devel] Validating ThML and OSIS modules

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 23:28:47 MST 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 12:09 AM, Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org> wrote:
> As a content encoder, XML editors give me the best results when I want to
> find encoding errors. They tend to give a better indication of patterns of
> errors, whereas validators might only give the first error they identify and
> then quit. I use Oxygen now, partly because it is a Java program so it will
> run on whatever platform I'm using and they had a nice student license, but
> I have used Topologi & XML Spy in the past and they were fine for my needs.
> I'm sure there are some good OSS XML editors out there (though I've seen
> less encouraging results from jEdit).

I've used an XML editing plugin for Eclipse before and I thoroughly
enjoyed it (this is coming from someone who dislikes both Eclipse and
almost all other help-you-beneath-the-hood editors).  It was very
close to XML Spy from my experience.  Offhand I don't remember which
editor it was, but it was in the list of standard addons, I think from
the web development packages.

--Greg