[sword-devel] [Wiki Frontend comparison] Proximity searches

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sat Feb 28 07:52:30 MST 2009

It appears that all clucene/lucene capable frontends can do proximity
searches. BpBible exposes this via its GUI, others rely on the
clucene/lucene syntax.

Q: Is there anything particular about bpbible's proximity searches or do
I simply use the wrong syntax?

I get on the ABU in xiphos for the following search "god love"~15 32
results, but on bpbible with a proximity search limited to 15 words
distance I get 56 hits.

Looking at the list I am find only single verse references in xiphos,
but my understanding is that crossboundary searches should be possible.

What am I doing wrong? Or is in fact crossboundary search not possible
in other frontends?

Thanks

Peter