[sword-devel] Getting rid of BibleCS (was Re: [bt-devel] Eureka!!)

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Thu Feb 26 06:33:56 MST 2009

Hi there ........

Jonathan Morgan wrote:
> Without doubt it should be deprecated and stated
> clearly as being utterly unsupported and moved down the list at least
> as far as LCDBible.

First: congratulatiions to the BT team.  For my part, I have not used
BibleCS since the Windows Xiphos.  Now I have BT as well, I shall make a
point of using Xiphos and BibleTime equally.  Both are much better than
BibleCS.

I feel that as soon as BibleTime is properly released for Windows,
BibleCS should be clearly flagged as 'deprecated' and it's profile
greatly reduced on the web-site.  All three of the other frontends for
Windows have their plusses and minuses, and users ought to be encouraged
to try all three.  If all three set the SWORD_PATH environment variable
(do they?) then they are ideally suited to run alongside one another
until the new user has selected a favoured version.  The web-site ought
to reflect something of the way in which each does the same thing in a
different way, and all three ought to be tried!

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com