[sword-devel] tests build error

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 01:07:27 MST 2009

Manfred,

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 2:03 AM, Manfred Bergmann <bergmannmd at web.de> wrote:
> Hi Greg.
>
> malloc.h has to be available, it is part of libc.
>
> Candit:~ mbergmann$ find /usr/include/* -name "malloc.h"
> /usr/include/malloc/malloc.h
> /usr/include/objc/malloc.h
> /usr/include/sys/malloc.h

I was bouncing around the web right after sending the e-mail and sure
enough, there is a malloc.h in my sys/malloc.h.  However, icutest.cpp
simply has the line "#include <malloc.h>" - and since the location of
malloc.h is not under a sys/ folder in Linux, apparently this issue
has gone unnoticed.  By changing malloc.h to sys/malloc.h I was able
to build and run all the tests in 1.5.11 without a problem.

Perhaps it should be an issue picked up on in configure-time or
compile-time flags, changing the include to the sys/malloc.h for Mac?

--Greg