[sword-devel] Mac Autogen question

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:15:08 MST 2009

To half answer my questions - the autogen.sh warnings are still there:

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I know about 0.001% of what there is to know about autotools, so I
> don't know what the following means, or even if it should be thought
> important.  But I just updated to -r2267 SVN on my Mac and ran
> autogen.sh and got the following:
>
> *** Recreating libtool
> libtoolize
> libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
> libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
> libtoolize: You should add the contents of the following files to `aclocal.m4':
> libtoolize:   `/opt/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4'
> libtoolize:   `/opt/local/share/aclocal/ltoptions.m4'
> libtoolize:   `/opt/local/share/aclocal/ltversion.m4'
> libtoolize:   `/opt/local/share/aclocal/ltsugar.m4'
> libtoolize:   `/opt/local/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4'
> libtoolize: Consider adding `AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])' to configure.ac and
> libtoolize: rerunning libtoolize, to keep the correct libtool macros in-tree.
> libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.
> *** Recreating aclocal.m4
> aclocal
> *** Recreating configure
> *** Recreating the Makefile.in files
>
> /opt/local is where MacPorts puts its version of autotools, which are
> the ones being used (obviously) by the script.  Again - not sure what
> exactly all this might mean, but for those of you who deal with
> autotools, just thought you might be interested in it. =)

However, I decided to run an `svn diff` to see if I had changed
anything in my local tree and found that include/installmgr.h and
include/config.h both had differences from the server version.  I
reverted to the original versions and the library now builds (if I
disable build tests), including the buildtest.cpp that Manfred
mentioned earlier having problems with.

However, now I can't get the installmgr to work from the command line.
 The output is pretty verbose - it finds the mods.d/ directory under
/opt/manual/share/sword and also picks up the locales.d directory in
the same place.  Then it complains that it thinks there is a
permissions problem installing.  However, I'm not certain exactly
where it's trying to install, and I have tried with root permissions
(I'm running installmgr in a sudo command) and user permissions.

Anyone have help suggestions on this?  I know I could use the GUI
installers, but since I don't usually use the GUIs for doing the
SWORD-based work that I use the Mac for, I'd prefer to have the
command-line utilities install, since my tools are going to be running
in that environment.

--Greg