[sword-devel] [sword-support] language support?

Tonny Kohar tonny.kohar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 20:29:08 MST 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:
> Yusuf Wijaya wrote:
>> This is a great program. but is there any plan of creating an
>> "Indonesian"=language version of the bible?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Hi Yusuf,
>
> One of our programmes (Alkitab) is translated into Indonesian.

Yes, like Peter said, I have application which have Indonesian locale.
But I do not have Indonesian bible translation.

> Wrt Bibles - there are ongoing attempts to obtain permission to use one
> of their texts. I am not sure where we are with that, the last thing I
> heard was that the Indonesian Bible Society was warming up to the thought.
>
> I have copied our director who was discussing with the bible society
> into this email.

I personally have contacted with LAI (Lembaga Alkitab
Indonesia/Indonesian Bible Society) regarding the use of their text as
a Sword Module, but the effort was fruitless.

Due to the above reason, I am in the process of creating my own
translation of Indonesian Bible. You can get it at
http://www.kiyut.com/products/alkitab/developer/index.html (around the
bottom of the page, under Indonesian King James Version (KJV)
Translations. The last update was 15 February 2009. Note it is very
incomplete and layman translation.

If you really interested in electronic bible in Indonesian. You might
be interested to visit
http://www.sabda.org/sabda/. It has free electronic bible in Indonesia.
At the moment they have (quite large Indonesian Bible Collections)
- 9 versi Indonesian Modern
- 5 Melayu/Indoe Kuno pra 1945
- 5 versi Yunani
- 3 versi Ibrani
- 11 versi Inggris
all is packaged in single cd.

Somehow SABDA allowed to distribute LAI version as part of their ministry.

Cheers
Tonny Kohar
--
Alkitab Bible Study