[sword-devel] Module indexing problems

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue Feb 17 07:30:51 MST 2009

Dear Manfred,

Yes, getBookName is still valid, but we add 2 companion methods:

getChapterMax();
getVerseMax();

I believe getBookName is fairly new (within the last couple of releases
(years)).

Used to be that there was an internal static array which held the max
value information and it was public so frontends were accessing it
directly instead of using the positioners:

vk = MAXCHAPTER;
vk = MAXVERSE;

and grabbing the value.  This previous technique was kindof clunky
anyway as it required changing the value of the key to get the max
value, so the new getters are much better.

About your other issues reported yesterday...  locale formats have
changed with the most recent svn, so be sure you've done a make install
to get the locales.d/ folder populated with the latest revisions of our
locales.  And I fixed a nasty 32-bit bug last night (it's funny how the
scales have tilted the other way now and we're finding 32-bit bugs
instead of 64-bit bugs), so things might have gotten better with
indexing and such.

Let me know if you still have troubles with svn head.

	-Troy.