[sword-devel] Xiphos 3.0.0 released

Chris Umphress umphress at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 14:45:29 MST 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Barry Drake <bdrake at crosswire.org> wrote:
> Example:  I'm looking at the beginning of John's gospel.  It obviously has
> some similarity to Genesis 1.  I want to look at Gen. 1:1 and John 1:1 at
> the same time.  Then I want to look at various bible versions for each.
>  Xiphos lets me do that with the detached window for one version.
>
> Next:  I'm looking at a particular passage.  I want the complete chapter on
> screen in more than one version.  Again, this works fine with Xiphos using
> detached windows.
>
> Third: I use the Revised Common Lectionary most weeks at church.  I can have
> all four readings for the day on screen at the same time.  This really is a
> big help when thinking about them prior to the worship ....
>
> And so on ....  I really appreciate the flexibility to do all of those
> things.  I wonder why others don't have similar requirements.

I've wanted to look at two or three "translations" (ie. English next
to Greek) before, but have used Bibletime for that. It's nice to hear
that Gnomesword does support this and I will have to read through the
./configure options better before the next recompile.

So far I like what I see. It is more stable on Linux and the ability
to see which modules have been updated is not one that I had seen
before.

Thanks for all the work that went into this!

Chris U