[sword-devel] Xiphos 3.0.0 released

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Sun Feb 15 10:27:00 MST 2009

Hi Karl .......

Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> Saving/restoring all windows would require a good bit of extra
> bookkeeping but we can look into it.

Thanks.  I'm surprised I'm one of few who use the detached window.  It
might be worth me saying why.

Example:  I'm looking at the beginning of John's gospel.  It obviously
has some similarity to Genesis 1.  I want to look at Gen. 1:1 and John
1:1 at the same time.  Then I want to look at various bible versions for
each.  Xiphos lets me do that with the detached window for one version.

Next:  I'm looking at a particular passage.  I want the complete chapter
on screen in more than one version.  Again, this works fine with Xiphos
using detached windows.

Third: I use the Revised Common Lectionary most weeks at church.  I can
have all four readings for the day on screen at the same time.  This
really is a big help when thinking about them prior to the worship ....

And so on ....  I really appreciate the flexibility to do all of those
things.  I wonder why others don't have similar requirements.

After all that, thanks for Xiphos.  It's just great!

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com