[sword-devel] Xiphos 3.0.0 released

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Thu Feb 12 04:06:43 MST 2009

Hi Karl ........

Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> David Haslam <d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk> writes:
>> I have installed the Windows version of Xiphos, but found that none of
>> the branches in the sidebar would expand.>
> This is a known problem, a timing issue in GTK.  If you simply restart
> Xiphos, it will almost certainly be fine, unless startup time is very
> long.

Not always the case.  I re-started Xiphos three times yesterday and each
time the problem was there.  Later, it re-started OK ....  It's a
difficult one to repeat - seems spasmodic.  I'll let you know if I find
out anything more about it.

Now I'm getting into using Xiphos (in preference to BibleCS), I have a
wish list.  A preferred mode of use for me is with the free-floating
bible and commentary windows.  It would be great if I could exit the
program and on re-start, return to however I left the layout (this might
be two different bibles plus a commentary).  Also, it would be nice to
be able to toggle chapter/verse linking between two or more
free-floating windows.

Sometimes it is useful to have two different translations looking at the
same chapter/verse and sometimes I want to have one bible version open
on different books.  All these things I can do, but have to track the
windows manually when looking at a bible and a commentary in separate
windows.  I'm quite happy to go on doing this if I'm the only person
that wants to use Xiphos in this way.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com