[sword-devel] SwordReader beta 1

David Trotz dtrotzjr at crosswire.org
Mon Feb 2 00:10:01 MST 2009

I am happy to announce my first official beta version of SwordReader
since the rewrite I started early last year. This version as 95% of all
the functionality I expect to have in a 2.0 release. I plan to spend
however long it takes in the beta phase to have a solid first release. I
can use all the feedback and testers I can get in order to achieve this
goal, so I am cc'ing this email to the sword-devel list.

This current build has support for biblical texts, commentaries, and
dictionaries.
Biblical texts have support for strongs/morph pop ups as well as
footnotes and cross-references.
Commentaries have support for scriptural reference pop-ups.
Dictionaries should have support for scriptural references, but as of
yet they do not.
All views can be accessed from the tabs at the bottom of the screen.

Known issues:
If you switch from the bible view to a commentary view while the text is
still loading, then try to load a scriptural reference from the
commentary, there is a good chance you will crash the application.
Smartphone support is not included in this build. Not sure when we will
get Smartphone support back.

Grab a copy at (includes KJV):
http://www.swordreader.org/betas/SwordReader_PPC_02012009_beta_01.CAB
To have any fun you will want to grab a few bibles, commentaries,
dictionaries, and strong's greek and hebrew modules.
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/
Some suggested modules:
ESV           -
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/servlet/SwordMod.Verify?modName=ESV&pkgType=raw
JFB           -
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/servlet/SwordMod.Verify?modName=JFB&pkgType=raw
MHC           -
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/servlet/SwordMod.Verify?modName=MHC&pkgType=raw
Websters      -
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/servlet/SwordMod.Verify?modName=WebstersDict&pkgType=raw
StrongsGreek  -
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/servlet/SwordMod.Verify?modName=StrongsGreek&pkgType=raw
StrongsHebrew -
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/servlet/SwordMod.Verify?modName=StrongsHebrew&pkgType=raw

Un-zip them into the root directory of where you installed SwordReader
If you installed it onto the device it is:
/Program Files/swordreader/
If you installed it onto a storage card it is:
/Storage Card/Program Files/swordreader/

Please use the mobile-devel list to discuss this build, and use
http://mantis.swordreader.org to report bugs which will allow me to
track and fix them efficiently.

Enjoy!

--