[sword-devel] Mac (was Locale and text retrieval code)

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sun Feb 1 18:23:32 MST 2009

David Trotz wrote:

>> Kahunapule Michael Johnson wrote:
>>>
>>> Good choice. My MacBook is the best notebook computer I have ever
>>> used. You should definitely seriously consider a new MacBook or
>>> MacBook Pro. You can run Parallels on it and run Windows and Linux in
>>> virtual machines, as well as running the native OS X. That makes it a
>>> GREAT machine for cross-platform programming.
>>
>> _Totally_ agree. The new MBs & MBPs are rad. I've got Leopard, Win7, &
>> Ubuntu HH on mine via boot camp & parallels. The MBPs with both
>> integrated & dedicated graphics cards should be really nice if Snow
>> Leopard can use OpenCL to utilize the second GPU as a GPGPU. And the
>> multi-touch trackpad offers quite an experience, even for simple web
>> browsing.
>>

> I too agree, go Mac it is one of the most versatile platforms for
> development these days. I have a MacBook Pro 17", its 2 years old and I
> still love it!

After my experience with an ibook G4 I would never ever by a mac again.
It died a few weeks after the warranty had run out. On googling I found
there were a large number of people with exactly the same problem - poor
soldering around graphics chip. Previous model had the same thing. Apple
denied all responsibility.

Thinkpad.

Peter