[sword-devel] Old folders in %AppData% (related to GnomeSword)

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 13:14:45 MST 2009

> I find myself wondering whether we can afford to remove other .gnome and
> .gconfd directories, considering that there could be other applications
> using GTK and GNOME ports, for which such directories remain current,
> even after Xiphos stops using them.

In addition to what Karl has already said, the only applications that
I know of that would use these directories would be gnucash, or any
other binaries from ftp.gnome.org (eg, evolution, gedit). These
applications aren't that likely to be on your computer anyway I'm
guessing, so they're probably safe to remove.

In case it isn't clear, the latest (released) version of Xiphos *does*
use these directories (with the exception of .gnomesword). Deleting
them won't actually hurt anything, but they'll be recreated.

Matthew