[sword-devel] Conglomerate/companion modules

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sat Dec 19 05:42:26 MST 2009

You can bundle content if:

a) you concatenate the module .conf data into a single file.
b) all of the data are placed within a single directory.

The only cases where this won't work are when trying to bundle multiple
Bibles and/or commentaries using the same level of compression. Since
you don't appear to have any commentaries, that should be an issue. In
the event you find something might better be expressed as a commentary,
just make sure that the Bible is compressed at the Book level and that
they commentary is compressed at the Chapter (or Verse) level.

This sort of bundling will mean that any time one component is updated,
all must be updated. It will also mean all four modules will be listed
separately in Install Managers, though there is really only one big
download. And it will be impossible to install or uninstall individual
parts of the bundle using Install Manager.

--Chris