[sword-devel] [sword-support] Bible with dates in it?

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Dec 18 08:29:41 MST 2009

The Authorized KJV Bible that once belonged to my mother (deceased 1971) has
such dates in the top of the narrow central notes column on each page.

Collins: London and New York (1936). Glasgow Toronto Sydney Auckland

This published Bible also contains useful additional reference sections:

* Chronology of events between the time of Cyrus and the birth of Christ
* The Bible Readers Manual - comprising helps to the study of the Bible and
an INDEX and CONCORDANCE.

The latter is a multipart work with 14 sections, even before the index and
concordance.

James Ussher was a significant scholar, whose work is not to be
underestimated.
His Annals of the World was recently republished in English. For more
details, visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ussher

Crawford Gribben's book, The Irish Puritans: James Ussher and the
Reformation of the Church is highly recommended.

Zwingli's successor in Zurich, Heinrich Bullinger was also someone with an
in-depth interest in Bible chronology.
Read the Evangelical Library lecture 2004 address given by Jean
Marc-Berthoud.
Visit http://www.evangelical-library.org.uk/articles/

- David Haslam