[sword-devel] Korean module?

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Dec 18 02:30:47 MST 2009

IBT distributes a Korean module along with their MK (Holy Bible) program
based on a branch from SWORD.
See  http://www.ibt.org.ru/english/bible/info_bible_en.htm
http://www.ibt.org.ru/english/bible/info_bible_en.htm

I think this is one of the modules included with the main program
installation download.
I say this because it is not listed in the modules table, that covers mostly
their modules for the Central Asian translations.

Their korean.conf file reads:[Korean]
DataPath=./modules/texts/ztext/korean/
SourceType=OSIS
GlobalOptionFilter=OSISFootnotes
GlobalOptionFilter=OSISHeadings
GlobalOptionFilter=OSISScripref
OSISVersion=2.1.1
Encoding=UTF-8
Lang=ko
Version=1.1
History_1.1=Changed to UTF-8 source, replaced some missing verses, and
compressed
Description=Korean Bible
About=Korean Bible\par Courtesy the Unbound Bible
(http://unbound.biola.edu/)
TextSource=http://unbound.biola.edu/
LCSH=Bible. Korean.
ModDrv=zText
CompressType=ZIP
BlockType=BOOK

xulswordVersion=2.7As you can see - this is not 100% identical to what we
had at CrossWire before our module was withdrawn, but it is the same as
regards source pedigree.
Our korean.conf (mine is dated 2007-06-02) reads:[Korean]
DataPath=./modules/texts/ztext/korean/
ModDrv=zText
BlockType=BOOK
CompressType=ZIP
Encoding=UTF-8
Lang=ko
Version=1.1
History_1.1=Changed to UTF-8 source, replaced some missing verses, and
compressed
Description=Korean Bible
About=Korean Bible\par Courtesy the Unbound Bible
(http://unbound.biola.edu/)
TextSource=http://unbound.biola.edu/
LCSH=Bible. Korean.I have personal contact with both the Director and Deputy
Director of IBT, so I could enquire further.

David Haslam

NB.  For anyone who hasn't read the
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Module_Repositories#Institute_for_Bible_Translation
wiki page , their modules are not backwards compatible with our front-ends,
but our modules can be installed in their MK program.