[sword-devel] CrossWire module repositories feature request.

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Thu Dec 17 20:40:06 MST 2009

Hi all.

I have a request concerning notification of addition or modification of modules in the CrossWire repos:

How easy/possible would it be to create an RSS feed that has the new/modified modules for each of the 2 main (CrossWire & CrossWire Beta) repos (CrossWire Experimental would also be nice, but I'm assuming that the people who are interested in those modules are most likely on the sword-cvs mailing list, so can be informed that way!).  :)

Or do we just suggest that the various front-ends implement the new SWORD API features for determining updated modules?  The issue with this, for me (for PocketSword) is that the user has to manually "refresh" the repos in order to determine updated modules & I anticipate this would be a rare occurrence, so I was thinking users could subscribe to an RSS feed (if they're interested in "bleeding-edge" releases) and then hit refresh when they know there are module updates/additions?  :)

Perhaps this is one of those "it-would-be-nice" things?  But I know that I would find this useful, so perhaps others would find it useful too? :)

Thanks, ybic
	nic...  :)