[sword-devel] PocketSword is released

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Wed Dec 16 11:41:44 MST 2009

I'm seeing quite different load times & speed. (I'm running 3.0.1 on an
iPhone 3G with 16GB.)

The first time I launched PocketSword, it did take quite a while to
load, possibly on the order of 10s. After that, it takes about 3s. to
get past the splash screen and maybe half a second more to display the
first page of text.

Navigation within a text, switching to other texts, and all of the other
menus were perfectly snappy for me (on the order of 1s. or less).

I get comparable times in all cases for Logos, but they're loading
content over the network (WiFi in my case). I find their UI a bit
disorienting because it immediately goes into no-UI mode when you pull
up a passage.

OliveTree takes about 3s. to load, but I can't see any delays anywhere
in the rest of the program. I concur that their passage selection UI is
the best of the bunch.

YouVersion is a bit faster to load than the others, and all
rendering/fetching/navigation is quite fast (again, over WiFi). But
navigation is quite poorly designed.

--Chris