[sword-devel] Paragraph display problems in BibleCS and BibleDesktop

johnduffy at cgcf.net johnduffy at cgcf.net
Tue Dec 15 13:26:52 MST 2009

All,

I've noticed that paragraph breaks do not display in BibleCS or
BibleDesktop, but do display in Xiphos (although they seem too spaced out).
However, ESV line breaks display well in all three programs.

I'm using sword-utilities-1.6.0-r2473 to produce a module.  I've included
below an extract of a paragraph break between Genesis 5-6 with the USFM used
to create the module, as well as extracts of Original/OSIS/Html as seen in
BibleDesktop.

Is this something I should worry about before submitting a module, or
something that would delay its release?

Thanks.

John Duffy

USFM
\p
\v 5 Thug Dia “lá” ar an solas agus “oíche” ar an dorchadas. Ba shin an
chéad lá, an nóin agus an mhaidin.
\p
\v 6 Dúirt Dia...

ORIGINAL
ABN:Gen.1.5 - Thug Dia “lá” ar an solas agus “oíche” ar an dorchadas. Ba
shin an chéad lá, an nóin agus an mhaidin.  <div eID="gen3"
type="paragraph"/>
ABN:Gen.1.6 - <div type="x-milestone" subType="x-preverse" sID="pv2"/><div
sID="gen4" type="paragraph"/> <div type="x-milestone" subType="x-preverse"
eID="pv2"/> Dúirt Dia: ...

OSIS
	<verse osisID='Gen.1.5'>
		Thug Dia “lá” ar an solas agus “oíche” ar an dorchadas. Ba
shin an chéad lá, an nóin agus an mhaidin.
	</verse>
	<verse osisID='Gen.1.6'>

		 Dúirt Dia:...

HTML
		<a name='Gen.1.5'>
			<sup class='verse'>
					5
			</sup>
		</a>
		Thug Dia “lá” ar an solas agus “oíche” ar an dorchadas. Ba
shin an chéad lá, an nóin agus an mhaidin.
		<a name='Gen.1.6'>
			<sup class='verse'>
					6
			</sup>