[sword-devel] -O3 -g

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 16:58:13 MST 2009

> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -Iinclude -Iinclude -I/usr/include
> -DUSE_AUTOTOOLS -DUNIX -Dunix -D__unix__ -DSWICU_DATA=
> \"/usr/lib/sword/1.6.0_icu_4.0.1\" -D_FTPLIB_NO_COMPAT -D_ICU_ -g3 -O0
> -Wall -Werror -D_ICU_ -ftemplate-depth-25 -DCURLAVAILABLE -I/usr/include
> -I/usr/lib64 -DUSELUCENE -g -O2 -g -Wall -DUSBINARY -c
> src/mgr/filemgr.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC

I think he's doing something more like this:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -Iinclude -I/usr/include -DUSE_AUTOTOOLS
-DUNIX -Dunix -D__unix__ -DSWICU_DATA="/usr/lib/sword/1.6.0_icu_4.2.1"
-D_FTPLIB_NO_COMPAT -D_ICU_ -g -O3 -Wall -Werror -ftemplate-depth-25
-DCURLAVAILABLE -I/usr/lib -DUSELUCENE -DUSBINARY -c
src/mgr/filemgr.cpp -fPIC -DPIC

Troy, you have both -O0 and -O2, as well as -g and -g3. Wouldn't that
be conflicting?

Nevertheless, even with the above command, I still get no errors.

> I supposed we could just change configure.ac to make these settings the
> default?  I know other projects like Bibletime and Xiphos use their own
> Unicode frameworks (Qt and gtk+ respectively) instead of ICU.  Thoughts?
> Are you enabling icu in SWORD now when you build packages?  I supposed
> it doesn't really matter... they can still replace ICU with their
> toolkit of choice even if SWORD have ICU support compiled in, but there
> will be a dependency of ICU for libsword.

The Debian packages are being built with ICU. While it is true that we
use our own Unicode framework for Xiphos, to enable Unicode support
for the utilities requires ICU. Besides, we also provide
transliteration via ICU if SWORD is built with it. We provide SWORD
built with ICU for Windows as well.

Matthew