[sword-devel] Font problem in conf file

johnduffy at cgcf.net johnduffy at cgcf.net
Wed Dec 2 05:27:56 MST 2009

Thanks Eeli,

I've since opened the Net Bible UTF-8 conf file in Notepad++ and saved it as
a different filename for the Bible in Irish.  Then, erased the text, and
wrote it all in from the keyboard as I did for an ANSI version similarly
beforehand.  Now, this file works in Xiphos, is visible in BibleDesktop, and
also appears in BibleCS (although with the incorrect diacritics as before in
my previous UTF-8 conf files).  So it appears that while my previous UTF-8
files were just that, and some converted using tools, there is now a
difference which makes this one work.  There seems to be a problem with file
format being UTF-8 but character format being different, which I was not
able to get to the bottom of.  But since this is sort of working (apart from
diacritics in BibleCS, like Net Bible also), I'll leave it at that for the
minute.

The Bible module files also appear as UTF-8 in Notepad++, and the Bible text
appears correctly in BibleCS, Xiphos, and BibleDesktop.

P.S. even with the svnr1972 beta of BibleTime I still cannot navigate to
anything other than Rev 1:1 in any Bible version.

John Duffy