[sword-devel] FFe application for sword being considered, and patches split out

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Mon Aug 31 21:20:28 MST 2009

Matthew Talbert wrote:

> However, I recommend that you switch to using the SimpleAnalyzer
> rather than StandardAnalyzer. All that's needed it to replace
> occurrences of standard::StandardAnalyzer to SimpleAnalyzer (no
> namespace needed), and remove all references to stop_words. Based on
> my experiments, I believe this is the best way to do it.

OK... I tried, and it broke... so now I own all the pieces?

There are no references to stop_words in the current svn head (r2449).

So, all I did, on a virtual machine which had never had SWORD on it
before, was to install the build prerequisites, then grab an svn tree,
add my getenv hack to search.cpp, build it, install it, download the
KJV, test with diatheke, mkfastmod KJV, test with search, and then:

  sed -i -e s/standard::Standard/Simple/g src/modules/swmodule.cpp

which changes exactly two lines.

However, after compiling and installing from the changed svn tree, and
doing mkfastmod KJV, running

  SEARCHTYPE=-4 ./examples/cmdline/search KJV "is"

still segfaults :(

What am I missing?  At least the other way avoids the segfaults.  An svn
diff is attached.

Jonathan