[sword-devel] using encryption with current osis2mod (r2435

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 26 10:04:37 MST 2009

Ben Morgan wrote:

> I didn't have USBINARY defined, so encyphering wasn't doing anything x-(
> Once I do, zipped modules seem to work as expected. Raw ones don't.

Makes sense to me -- all my tests so far were with the -z flag because
all the "real" modules I've seen have been compressed modules.

Incidentally, I think this demonstrates well the need for detailed
"steps to reproduce"!  Peter's proposed "no instructions are needed"
approach to testing and bug reproduction simply does not reveal this
kind of important detail.

As a final confirmation, please could the original end user with the
issue (Tim Chase) try creating an enciphered module using the -z flag as
well as -c cipherkey, and report his results ?

Thanks,

Jonathan