[sword-devel] using encryption with current osis2mod (r2435

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 16:54:17 MST 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Troy A. Griffitts <scribe at crosswire.org>wrote:

> I believe the problem is with RawText, but haven't had time to confirm.
>
> My suspicion is that if you are building a compressed module,
> enciphering should work.
>
> Just to clear up a few things...
>
> rawFilters get called (or should get called) when retrieving and when
> setting text.

> If there is still a problem, this is the line of code which should be
> enciphering the data, so we need to see why it is not.
>
> sword/src/modules/common/zverse.cpp:363
>
> I haven't hunted down the equiv line in rawverse.cpp but suspect we just
> never added the required 2 lines to readText and doSetText in this file
> because when we've ever needed to release an enciphered module, it was
> released as a compressed module.

Yes, it looks like some of the text it is being passed through the cipher
filter in some way, even in rawverse.
However, preverse content doesn't look like its working properly, appended
content ditto. I just can't reliably get it working on any setting.
I will investigate further...

God Bless,
Ben
Multitudes, multitudes,