[sword-devel] using encryption with current osis2mod (r2435

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 25 10:51:15 MST 2009

Chris Little wrote:

> Actually, I'm pretty well dumbfounded now.
>
> I can't get the cipher to work anywhere that I've tried. ...

> I'm not sure how Jonathan is getting a positive result. I don't believe
> any significant changes to the cipher stuff were made between 2400 and
> head of osis2mod. So the different behavior reported between 2400 and
> 2435 is surprising.

I get the same results (enciphering works fine) on crosswire.org itself
:)  It has r2337.  had to edit my script to avoid the use of - for stdin
since that was added after r2337.

I'll test further on a variety of Linux virtual machines (Ubuntu in
various flavours, Debian Lenny and Squeeze, and maybe Fedora 10 and
Mandriva) when I get a chance, starting from a fresh OS install and
documenting all steps of the process.  Hopefully this evening.

DM: I really think this highlights SWORD's need for utility regression
tests.  What is the status of your work to date on this?  If you can
commit just one or two, so setting up the basic framework for such
tests, I'll probably come up with more tests myself...

Jonathan