[sword-devel] Apostolic Bible Polyglot Greek-English interlinear updated

Daniel Bearden dpbearden at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 13:31:38 MST 2009

Greetings, I've updated the ABP modules to hopefully address any errors
including the double markup.

> What are all the numerical digits within the text for? Example: (Gen 1:9)
>
> And God said, Let [6come together 1the 2water 3underneath 4the
> 5heaven] into [2gathering 1one], and let [3appear 1the 2dry land ]! And it
> was so. And [6gathered together 1the 2water 3underneath 4the 5heaven] into

> their gatherings, and [3appeared 1the 2dry land ].

The words are arranged according to the order of the Greek text. This is how
the text appears in the printed edition, viewable in pdf format here:
http://www.apostolicbible.com/
I suppose with some effort I could rearrange the words, which would involve
modifying the python script I use to generate the OSIS modules from the
original latex files.

> If all these numbers are some form of semantic markup, should they not be
> inside XML tags, rather than outside them?

How could this be done?

> Belatedly, I notice that the Descriptions of the two modules are
> identical, which will cause confusion when modules are listed just by
> Description, not by [module name]. Daniel, would you have any objection
> if we added "(English)" and "(Greek)" respectively to each?

I've included the updated .conf files

Thanks,

Daniel