[sword-devel] Bibledit Sword module generation?

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 05:39:34 MST 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Kahunapule Michael
Johnson<Kahunapule_Johnson at sil.org> wrote:
> Matthew Talbert wrote:
>
> Is there any hope of getting Bibledit's Sword module generator working
> with Sword well enough that it actually works in the near future?
>

> Are you trying to generate a module within Bibledit or using the
> usfm2osis.pl script, then osis2mod? I believe everyone is assuming
> you're aware of the latter method, which is the only way this works,
> afaik, but perhaps you're not?
>

> I was trying to generate a module within Bibledit. I have a usfm2osis.pl
> script, but it may not be the same one you are speaking of. It does not
> convert all necessary USFM markup, and drops sections of Scripture. I
> consider that to be a bad thing. More later...

I understand you are more interested in the Bibledit route.  If it
works, that is good.  However, if it doesn't then the definitive Wiki
page on USFM is
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Converting_SFM_Bibles_to_OSIS.  It
recommends using SFMToOSIS, and from memory I've got better results
from it than from usfm2osis.

Jon