[sword-devel] Bibledit Sword module generation?

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Thu Aug 20 23:13:31 MST 2009

Kahunapule Michael Johnson wrote:

> Is there any hope of getting Bibledit's Sword module generator working
> with Sword well enough that it actually works in the near future?

Yes, there is hope :)

> I just tried it, again, and failed to get something that actually works
> in Xiphos.

(1) SAMPLE DOCUMENT PLEASE?

Michael, if you could make available a sample USFM document that fails,
this issue would become a lot easier to troubleshoot.  I realize you may
not be able to make a full bible translation publically available, but
perhaps a single chapter might be permissible, or some similar smallish
document that still fails to convert?

(2) VERSION INFO PLEASE

As Teus said, the chances are that the real issue is something in
osis2mod, so it is also important to let us know exactly which version
of osis2mod you are using, as well as which versions of bibledit and xiphos.

(3) OSIS2MOD REGRESSION TESTING

There was discussion about regression tests for the SWORD utilities a
while back, but the topic faded away... I think it was DM who was
working on some automated tests for the SWORD scripts... can we get a
status update on that, please?

(4) SWORD 1.6.1 TIMELINE?

If the current SWORD development tree is working significantly better
than the released 1.6.0, then maybe it is time to work towards a
near-future 1.6.1 release of SWORD ?

Jonathan