[sword-devel] What is the command to retrieve text by args like "Genesis 1:1"

Wei-Wei Guo wwguocn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 06:56:24 MST 2009

Dear all,

I want to write a Sword extension for Sphinx. The extension can help on
Bible study by this way:

If I type :bible:`Genesis 1:1` in text, after compiling, the following
line will be inserted

    In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

So I need to know, is it possible to call a command generating the
previous line with argument of "Genesis 1:1" or something similar? And
if the command can select Bible texts module, such as ChiNCVs or ASV,
it would be better.

If there is no such convenient command, could you point me to some
materials with which I can write a simple script. Except an API primer,
I don't find any other document like man page or help file of Sword.

Best wishes,
Wei-Wei