[sword-devel] mod2osis - linked verses ....

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 07:03:49 MST 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 7:40 AM, Barry Drake <bdrake at crosswire.org> wrote:
> Hi there ......
>
> I've just discovered that mod2osis doesn't currently handle linked verses in
> bible texts.  It outputs the entire linked block for every verse that it is
> linked from.

My thought was to tackle that at the same time I took on commentaries.
 Since I believe commentaries are, more or less, just Bibles with
large amounts of linked material.  Is there any other significant
difference between the SWText and SWCom classes or between a
Commentary and a Bible in the view of OSIS?

Handling linked verses requires a little re-engineering of how the
tool decides when to output a text, but it shouldn't be terribly
difficult.  The main problem for me is locating a module that contains
such linked material and is in a language in which I can readily
identify duplicated material (e.g. at least a Roman/Cyrillic script).
What module did you use to discover this?

--Greg