[sword-devel] Alternate Versification

Zdenko Podobný zdposter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 00:58:40 MST 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Troy A. Griffitts <scribe at crosswire.org>wrote:

> Interesting idea, but I personally can't think of what that information
> might be or what name would better and still accurately represent what a
> specific v11n system represents.  I tried brainstorming from your
> suggestion, but concluded that most users don't even know that Bibles use
> different v11n systems, and the ones that do probably will understand the
> names we've picked-- or else we probably should pick different names.  What
> do you think?
>
> I just added a public method to expose the list of registered v11n systems,
> per DM's request.  This will result in exactly what you describe below
> (minus Luther currently).  If you still feel it is valuable to have
> different presentable names or more data, please let me know and provide
> examples, though this isn't likely to be anything we add for this release.
>
> On the topic, we are currently considering which v11n systems to bundle
> with the 1.6.0 release.  Chris has quite a few available.  It is our current
> plan to shoot for the most base set of systems for scholarly Biblical
> studies.  In my mind, this includes:
> WLC (Leningrad), LXX, and GNT (currently KJV comes close with the exception
> of approx. 2 verse splits).  So, bottom line, we would add one more system
> to the bundle: LXX
>
> New systems can be packaged with subsequent 1.6.x releases, but we need a
> useful limited set initially, and I think this is a good balance to obtain
> that.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
>        -Troy.

Is it possible to include LXX to svn (and them to 1.6.0 fo course)?

We have permision to create Slovak Catholic Translation of Bible, but wtih
requerement "it has to match printed version" (e.g. including
deuterocanonical part and AFAIK LXX versification).

It would help us to make to preprare new modul...

Thanks,

Zdenko