[sword-devel] [bt-devel] Compatibility break: Sword 1.6RC1->RC2 API change

Manfred Bergmann bergmannmd at web.de
Fri Apr 24 04:45:49 MST 2009

Instead of the need for subclassing, Objective-C or actually Cocoa
(also some other frameworks) use the concept of delegation.
In Objective-C this can be easily done through late binding. Methods
on objects can be called, or tried to call, even if it is unsure if
they are implemented.
But in other languages something similar can be achieved through
interface definitions.

However in this case, in this virtual method a delegate method could
be called which can be any class implementing a certain defined method
or interface.
The delegate could be the UI controller that handles the disclaimer
dialog.

Regards,
Manfred